Thursday, March 24, 2011

un cube noir et un bouton rouge

So as I was mindlessly browsing through the wondrous internet the other day, I came across this video on BuzzFeed.com, (which is definitely one of my favorite websites for procrastination). Anyway, back to video, it was shot in Paris, with a mysterious black cube sitting in the middle of Palais Royal Square, with nothing but a red button on it. Crowd start to gather up around the box as people's curiosity build up, and finally someone musters up enough courage to push that button, it first asks where they want to go, and....


MAGIC HAPPENS





by now, you have probably seen the video already (if not you can just follow this link), and if you are like me, you have probably checked out this website that was mentioned at the end of the video as well. The point I'm trying to make here is that, I AM SO IMPRESSED!!! This video has done such a good job bringing awareness and attention, and although the website was only shown at the very end of the video, it still raised my interest to find out more about it.


After being on the website, I realized that it was essentially the European version of expedia.com - it's a travel booking website. And just like the video, it's celebratory, fun and extremely appealing to the eye. With its hip web design and most definitely viral stunt/advertising video, it's not hard to guess that it's most direct target is young people in their 20-30's.


Everything about this campaign is exciting, it focuses on the word "escape", I guess everyone is in the need for an escape, from reality, from our jobs or from our relationships, and that's exactly what the MYSTERIOUS BLACK BOX AND VOYAGES-SNCF.COM offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment